For those of you who don't know, my new job has required us to enroll Emily in the after school program at her school. I am learning that there are many benefits to being at a title 1 school. Other than seeing grandma every day, there is funding for so many extras. The after school program runs until 6:30 and they feed them dinner, although Em will never be there much later than 5. They also pay the teachers to do the first 1/2, which is the half Emily attends, so she gets quality tutoring. She loves it, and insists that we do not pick her up until she gets to go to the after school program. She told my grandma that she's also not allowed to pick her up anymore because she goes to the program. The best part...we only pay $10 per week.
Yesterday, they had a party and received another grant to give every child a present and a sweatshirt, and bring Santa in for a visit. Much to mommy's dismay, Emily got a barbie..haha! She was so cute though. I swear I did not say anything negative about the item, and on the way home, she said, "Mommy, this is for Anna because she really likes Babies!" Those proud moments are not too abundant right now so I soaked it up :)


1 comment:
That is great that she loves it so much. What is wrong with Barbies? Anna loves them, and the pretend play is great- she really uses her imagination!
Post a Comment