Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Micky D's...ME...I swear!
I told emily we would take alyssa to school yesterday and just have "mommy emily day." We had a day out on the town shopping. About 11:30, I asked, "what do you want for lunch Miss Emily?" She of course replied McDonalds (she does this often as a joke because she knows the answer). I laughed and said no way Jose. She asked why even though we have had the talk about health a billion times. I thought about it and thought, what the heck...it's our special day and if that's what my little girl wants, what's the big deal? You all are going to be so proud of me!! I took the girl to McDonalds for the first time in her 5 1/2 year existence! I even ate a Big Mac and fries! I actually tasted the grease in the first bite, but by the end it was an excellent tasting source of saturated fat :). While we were eating, I said, "Emily, have you EVER been to McDonalds with mommy?" She said, "nope, only with my grandmas." Haha! As we were walking out, we passed a guy who must have been over 500 pounds and was stuffing his face. Made for a good 'post-1000-calorie-lunch' conversation about health and moderation !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No more, thanks.. :)
Definitely proud. I think anything in moderations is OK.
Hmm..I wonder who left the anonymous message, ANDREW! haha
I'm so glad that your girl finally got some REAL food! :) We will talk someday???
Post a Comment