Monday, December 22, 2008
Emilys homeschooling.
I think while emily is on break, she will home school herself. Yesterday, she spent an hour making all these signs, each one saying something different. Her invented spelling is so good now that I could totally tell what she was saying on all 30+ of them! When she finished her signs, she cut up more card stock and numbered each one 0-35. She put them in order, realized she forgot some and corrected herself. This created an endless amount of possibilities to learn from. We talked about literacy and math concepts galore. Talk about emergent curriculum at its best!! I couldn't get a picture of all the numbers as they went across the entire length of our room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey! One of those cards says "Be My Boyfriend!" What the heck are you teaching her? She's only 5!!!
Hey, that is great! Anna would never do anything like that. But, it does sound like something I would have done when I was little.
What do you mean "what am I teaching her?" I am actually trying to teach her to have girlfriends, but I guess she likes the boys! haha..just kidding, don't everyone freak out now :)
Post a Comment