Thursday, January 29, 2009


I forgot to tell this VERY funny story. We all know about our little Emily's sensory issue. Well, this has been her biggest struggle in school. She has a hard time focusing because it's too loud, cold, hot, smells funny, etc. She is always saying she doesn't like school because it's too loud. So the other day she came home and told us with great expression, "Guess what, I had the BEST (you know how she uses her hands so expressively to emphasize words) day today!" Andrew asked her why and she said, " because we all got in trouble and the teachers turned off the lights and there was no talking, but I liked it because it was so quiet!" God I love her!! Haha. I can imagine what the other kids said to their parents about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Emily can wear some light weight earplugs to school? Like the kind where you can still hear, but loud noises are muffled? Do you think that would decrease her anxiety? It certainly decreased mine when I wore them to take the Bar. I also have sensory issues with sound, as you've witnessed when you tried to vacuum your house while I was there :)