Sunday, November 2, 2008

Emily and I, Fishing like the Good Ol' Days!!




I FINALLY talked Emily into going fishing with me. Last time we had a bad "sticker bush" incident where she got poked in the legs and got a pokey in her shoe. Ever since, fishing has been a no-go. But, being stubborn as I am and never giving up (maybe even a bit of a pest), Emily caved in. We had a great time. YES, it was cold and got windy near the end, but it was awesome. We went half way between Sparks and Fernley, where my nemesis fish lives. I hooked onto him again today for the second time with a big old Rapala, a 3 incher. I think this fish is a big, german brown; a true predator. This fish doesn't bother with little flies, it goes for the little fish and maybe mice.


Anyway, no picture of the fish = I lost him. I was bumbed, but I was glad he shook the lure out rather than the line breaking with the lure stuck in his mouth. I will go back shortly and try to entice him to bite my junk again. I LOVE the Truckee; really a treasure being so close to Reno / Sparks. Anyone want to go fishing with me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice blogging, bro. Like it lots.

I bet you are BUMMED that you didn't get a pic of the fish.

Michelle said...

Haha..your sister clowned. Really though, nice blog. Thanks for your contribution. Cheers to many more quiet mornings with Alyssa..I mean..quality fishing trips for you and Em.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the blog, Drew. I'll bet if me and you went fishing, I would have that german brown caught in under 5 minutes, you chump.