Monday, November 10, 2008

Luck and the economy!

I cannot believe my luck in this crap economy! I used to think that with my Masters, I would always have job security. I now know that NOBODY is safe in these economic times. I literally became an official school district employee last Wednesday and got the last of my paperwork in this morning at 7:30 AM to start getting pay. They JUST released a statement today saying that they are on a hiring freeze effective immediately!! Whew did I dodge that one. I have already given up my assistantship and have been replaced. I would have had no job after December!

The job by the way is way cool. Friday was lame and boring, but today was fantastic. I have missed hanging out with babies SO much. And the teen moms are incredible girls trying their hardest to make it in life given their circumstances. So glad that I did not stall when the lady called me last week to get all my stuff in! Of course, they are anticipating more cuts, so I'm still far from secure! God I hope Obama can turn this mess around!
http://www.washoe.k12.nv.us/community/press-releases/2008-11-10/hiring-freeze-announced-for-wcsd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Obama!

Your job sounds pretty cool, glad that you are enjoying it.