Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alyssa goes back to school!


Yesterday marked the final end to our summer. I went back to work and Alyssa went back to school. Although the 5 hours a day I have to be at work are going to stress me out, I think it will be nice once we get the routine down. Alyssa and I drop Emily off at 9:30 then go to UNR and find a parking spot. Walking to our building with Alyssa is special time for the 2 of to be together. She loves walking over the bridge and waving to the cars on the freeway. By the time I drop her off and get to my office, it is 10:00, and then I pick her up at 3, walk to the car, and get Emily. The 3 of us are home by 3:45 which is super nice because we can have a snack, relax, go to the pool, or whatever else we decide to do before Andrew gets home. I think I want to work part time from 10-3 the rest of my life :)

So school for Alyssa is good. Her group moved into the ones over the summer and she sleeps on a bog girl cot and sits in real chairs! They say she just lays down on the cot and goes right to sleep..with no Binky!

Alyssa's other new discovery is that she is not even limited to the stool. Now she drags an entire chair around to get up on it. She has realized that this is the best way for her to get things we have put up beyond her reach! The only problem is that she can't get down yet so well, so we have had lots of possible damage to her occipital lobe (I hope she can still see well..hehe).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa just has the best personality! I think she's turning out to be more laid back like Drew. Good thing she didn't get your OCD neurotic tendencies :) Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Your sister called you ocd?? Haa haa glad I don't have a sister!