Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Its funny how as an undergrad you think that the first semester is SO crazy. I look back and think how easy those days were. You went to class and sat while the professor went over the syllabus. Its been so busy the past few days. I don't have any classes that I'm taking that I have to go to, but the classes I'm teaching are M-TH until 12:30. This semester, I have made so many changes and I had the most productive first day of class ever. I had them for 3 1/2 hours so I was worried about how I was going to keep them engaged. I used a couple strategies I actually learned to use in childrens' classrooms and guess what...IT WORKED! (I know you're shocked grandma :) For those of you who know, I did a KWL chart. I have a great group of students this semester and am excited about that.
Yesterday something super funny happened. Everyone is always getting Jen and I mixed up and we don't understand because we look nothing alike. For the second time yesterday we showed up to work wearing the exact same pants and very similar shirts. The funny thing is that we don't even shop together, and the pants were Aropastale and I've only been there once (I don't even know how to spell it :) We got a good laugh but didn't even think to take a picture. Here's one of us before presenting at conference in April. I don't know how I would get through school without her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice KWL chart! That is funny about you and your friend. It must be nice having a good friend to work and go to school with.