Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Emily's updates


Emily had a great and busy weekend, and perhaps too much time with her mom. Monday yesterday morning when I dropped her off at school, she cried :( Of course, as soon as Robyn got her she was fine. The funny thing was that Emily cried and yet when I dropped Alyssa off for her first day at school in over 3 months, she waved and blew a kiss and said "byyyyye." Funny how different they are.

So Emily's hardest thing still has been her transition out of naps. She still wants to take naps and has taken quite a few of them in odd places. Last night, she was drawing in her room while we made dinner. When dinner was done, I yelled for her to come to the table. After 5 minutes, Andrew and I were wondering why she had just ignored our call for dinner. When I opened her bedroom door, she was fast asleep right on her drawing at her table. Poor thing. We went to open house tonight at her school and Robyn and I both agreed taht she most likely does not learn much in the classroom after 2:00 :) Hopefully she gets used to it soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate with poor Emily. I used to fall asleep at my desk all the time when I was in law school. I think the law school library was more of a place to sleep than a place to study :) Some people's brains just need to rest and re-boot after a tough day of learning!

Who is Robyn, her teacher? I'm gonna need her full name and date of birth so I can run her criminal history, please.