Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gerlach






















This weekend, my grandma and I went away to Gerlach. I know, there is nothing out there...BUT THAT'S THE POINT. It is so quiet and desolate; a perfect retreat from the craziness of the city life. Although this weekend it was a bit more populated that normal. Burning man starts tomorrow, so we got to watch "burners" come through town all weekend. We even drove out to the entrance so I could see what it looked like. I am totally going one year!

As for this this weekend, other than sit on the porch swing and watch the people go by, we read, ate, slept, played scrabble, and read some more. It was wonderful.

(below left) My grandma and I in front of the one and only restaraunt, Bruno's.

(below right) a pic I took of the train whil sitting on the deck.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I miss hanging out with my Grandma. She used to buy me lunch out at least once a week. Good luck in class today.