Tuesday, September 9, 2008

13 reasons I LOVE my little condo.

I created this little list when our house fell through back in May because Andrew was heart-broken and I was a bit relieved. I just came across it and thought I would share because sometimes people don't understand me (imagine that :). Although I am excited to one day have a house with a yard, I absolutely LOVE our little condo. Here are just a few reasons why.

13. Our space serves as a built in savings system. We buy less "junk" we will never use because we simply don't have anywhere to put it.

12. Without the worry about "keeping up with the Jones,'" I find true happiness in simple things.

11. Diversity! Different ages, races, and lifestyles to expose our children to.

10. The family is always close together.

9. I can take a shower with the door open and keep an eye and hear on the girls too!

8. We are in the city, walking distance to anything (which also makes the value of our little home comparable to a larger house outside the city).

7. There is always someone watching out for us, and all I have to do is bang on walls and one of our friendly neighbors will come to our rescue.

6. We are never expected to host parties, get-togethers, or BBQ's, but still get invited to everybody else's.

5. We remodeled our entire kitchen beautifully for under $2000! Remodels are a fraction of the cost people pay in bigger homes.

4. We can deep clean the entire house in a couple hours or straighten up in 15 minutes.

3. We have beautifully landscaped grounds and 3 pools without any maintenance or yard work.

2. In the spring and fall, our power bill (gas AND electricity) has reached a low of $65!! It has never exceeded $120.

And the number one reason people with nice big houses should be jealous of us…..

1. Our mortgage payment is only 19% of our gross monthly income. Well below what is typical for our generation. For Michelle, this equals less stress!! (Andrew, if we stay when I start working full time next semester, it will only be 14% J).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous list. You are really lucky to have such a low mortgage.

Michelle said...

Yes, I am enjoying it now because Andrew is making sure that it won't be for long :)