Today was busy and productive. I volunteer in Emily's classroom every Friday morning, so this is always fun. The kids are really starting to notice me. After I left, I met Jen and Rori at JJ's Pie Company to share a yummy veggie pizza. This has become a weekly Friday thing and we love it. I went back to work, and although I only had a couple hours to work, I made a HUGE accomplishment. The paper that I wrote last fall semester (Yes Peg, still the criminal justice one about safe haven laws) that I submitted for publication finally got re-submitted :) If any of you know about the process of getting an article published, it's a nightmare, especially in the Social Sciences. So anyways, its back in the hands of the publishers and I can sleep again knowing that the professors who co-wrote it as 2nd and 3rd authors will leave me alone again for a while :)
So after my big accopmlishment, I picked up the girls and we were home by 4. You know Emily and I, we were changed (I in my comfy clothes and Em in her usual panties) within 2 minutes, and we hung out for a while. I made a big pot of spaghetti and we all ate dinner while watching Ratatouille, 2 things, dinner and TV, that we have never mixed before. (Did I mention that Andrew is out of town for the weekend and I am alone with the kids)? It was nice and casual. After we were done, Alyssa was a huge mess of course, so I gave her a bath. Yes, I am weird and still bathe my daughter in the sink. Laugh all you want, but my back does not get beat up, I waste less H20, and she plays in there for 20 minutes while I clean the kitchen! Now they are in bed and I should stay up working, but I think I am going to go watch some Friends, and get some sleep. Andrew gets up with the girls normally, so without him, I'm on early duty! 
1 comment:
She look so cute in the tub. Enjoy your girls this weekend and do what you want!
Post a Comment