Monday, September 29, 2008

Emily's art studio..



I realized today that I keep saying in my posts that Emily was "off in the room," yet you guys don't understand what that really means. I thought I would share. A few weeks ago, we realized that Emily truly needs her own space during the day. I still LOVE them sharing a room at night, but their developmental needs are so different. They still share the room for the most part, but we moved all of Emily's art stuff into our bedroom. We have to be creative and improvise living in small spaces. So "our room" is now Emily's too, with the gate up so Alyssa is not allowed in. She will sit in there for hours (not exaggerating). She has her own glue, paper, stapler, clay, and whatever else you can think of. It's kinda cool too, because now Andrew can be on the computer and still be with Emily. She talks his ear off, must have gotten it from me :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can give her a stapler? And clay? Wow! Anna would never be able to handle that by herself. They are so different!

Anonymous said...

I understand that she has her own glue, paper, stapler, and clay....but where are her clothes?!? he he he.

If she needs any new supplies for the art room, just tell her to call Aunt Peg and put in a request :)

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Her clothes are still in their bedroom. We only moved her art stuff. She smiled when I told her to call you when she needs something.

Anonymous said...

I was just joking about her clothes because she's almost naked in the picture :)

Michelle said...

I didn't get it about her clothes. The girl lives in her panties so I thought nothing of it. Haha..you are so funny.