Emily had to move her magnet at school yesterday for the first time (which means they have already had a warning). I was really disappointed, even though I understood why she misbehaved. She has been having a hard time following directions during whole group discussion. I think part of the reason is because she's bored as they do some very basic stuff. They also have to do this literacy block for 45 minutes, which I think is way too long for 5-year-olds, but is part of the stuff they must do. Plus, she's a total follower so all it takes to distract her is one child messing around with her and she jumps in. Its frustrating going from having one of the most well-behaved children in the class who did not get into ANY trouble for 2 years, to one who jumps right into the trouble. I'm sure she'll get over it and adjust to the rules and structure sooner or later. Regardless of the reasons for her misbehavior, it is still disrespectful to the teacher, so I suggested last night that she write a letter to her teacher. She said no, but this morning told me she was really sorry to hurt Mrs. Clyne's feelings and she wrote a letter by her own choice, which made me proud again. (sigh)..kids!
(if you sound it out, her letter says, "Sorry for not following directions. Love, Emily).

3 comments:
I could totally tell what her letter said. Especially good was her spelling for directions. Welcome to the club of "Moms Whose Children Misbehave!" We are glad to have you be part of our group haa...haa...
hahah..that one made me laugh. Lets start a support group!
I'm going to spell directions like that from now on.
Post a Comment