Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkins!


Tonight, we all got home around 4:00 together. It was so nice!! We went and picked out one big family pumpkin for all of us to decorate. We let the girls just explore with it for a while. Emily's mild sensory dysfunction kicked in big time. She couldn't get past the smell and wouldn't touch the inside of the pumpkin without a spoon. Alyssa on the other hand loved it, and her favorite was to jab the little knife into the soft part of the pumpkin over and over. We have not finished carving it yet, and will post again when we do.
Andrew and Emily also made her costume. She wanted to be a robot. I was worried this year that since we have let her begin watching a few more disney movies, she might want to be a disney character instead of something super creative for her and Andrew to make. So I was delighted when she stuck to the Robot idea. Andrew still has to add the finishing silver touches, but it's so cute. Emily has a party at school tomorrow and I am going trick-or-treating with Alyssa's class on campus! Halloween is my favorite holiday because it is the ONLY holiday all year that is all about the kids and what makes them happy! I can't wait for Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw I wish I could have been there. I love spending Halloween with Em. I hope the robot costume is as cool as the astronaut costume!

Anonymous said...

She does not have sensory dysfunction! We people just don't like to be messy- that's all! Haa...haa....

Actually, Adam is that way too. Funny, because Anna wasn't at all. So, we both have one!

Michelle said...

No, no. It's not JUST the touch or I would agree. It's sounds, light, smells, tastes, AND touch. I think she really does have something up with sensory, but we just adjust and cater to her a bit more than most kids.