So Emily's story about the grown up candy...it was a condom and I did not realize it until she had been holding onto it for at least 5 minutes in front of everyone! How embarrassing! I guess I should have been prepared for that before I took her into the student health center. I later explained to her that it was like mommy's medicine that helps her to not have more babies. haha.I had to get two shots, the TB test and a flu shot. You all know what a baby I am,
but having Emily there forces me to be brave. I am taking advantage of the 1:20 release days this week by running errands with Em. I have to renew my TB, my sheriff's card, and then my CPR, first aid, blood borne pathogens, communicable disease, and abuse and neglect trainings. All before I go to the school district full time next month, which by the way, I have an interview for tomorrow even though I have already gotten the job and have been doing some work already. It's going to be a bit weird trying to be all professional. It's weird how this system works. I feel bad for the people who do not have an "in" and must compete against those who do. O well, I'm fortunate.I also had Emily's parent teacher conference today. Emily is meeting every benchmark of course. The only thing she did not meet was writing her name in uppers and lowers, which she can totally do, but is too stubborn. She also had about 3 other high kids in the class, so Emily is grouped with them for certain activities. Her journal writing is amazing. Robyn says she is her "star sound/letter journal writer." I also got one of the students I know pretty well in there to student teach next semester, and 2 of my practicum students started yesterday in there, so I am thrilled about that, as is Robyn.
3 comments:
I love the "adult candy". Kids are so funny. They do things and they have no idea how embarassing they can be. Love looking at you blog. We are coming to town soon for a visit and would love to see you and the kids.
Don't feel bad about having an "in" You have worked hard for it!
It could have been worse - at least she didn't open the "adult candy" and put it in her mouth.
Post a Comment