Sunday, October 5, 2008

I so LOVE Saturdays!!


We had nothing going on today except Emilys soccer game. We got up and lounged around for a while. Around 9:30, Andrew and Emily left to go to her soccer game, and Alyssa and I left to go grocery shopping. When we all got home, we had lunch and Alyssa went down for a marathon nap (3 1/2 hours). While she was napping, Emily literally sat in the room and made things for 3 hours. I graded about 94 papers while Andrew made us the best batch of monkey bread yet. Andrew ended up falling asleep on the couch for a good hour. About 4:00, I got up from the table and Emily had crashed on the floor next to the couch in the position pictures above. I didn't even know she was there! I was exhausted from grading my papers, and I wanted a little snoozer myself. Of course, as soon as I laid down, Alyssa woke up. Andrew was nice and took her for a drive so Em and I could get a little nap. When everyone was awake, we had a nice diner (courtesy of Dream Dinners) and then we went to Scheels. Andrew had not been yet, and boy was he impressed. It took us an hour to make our way around the 300,000 square foot place. By the time we got home, it was off to bed for the girlies and I immediately started on my thesis. I am so stressed about getting my proposal in by the end of the month. I cracked open an energy drink about 10:00 and now I am up jittery as can be (notice the time of this post). This blog is my mental break before I get back to it again. I am going to work until my eyelids won't stay open anymore, and then crash until about 10 AM. Overall, it was a wonderful Saturday. A little productivity, but more lounging around. The day lasted so long that I kept thinking it was Sunday! Anyways, this is a pathetic excuse to avoid my thesis, so I'm signing out :) I can't wait to read this in the morning when the taurine wears off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing day. You will have to let me know what he did to tweak the monkey bread recipe. I haven't made it in a while!