Sunday, October 5, 2008

One of Emily's creations this weekend..

Once again, Emily was busy all weekend. She spent tons of time at her table writing, drawing, and creating. She wrote a bunch of little notes for all of us, including one that said, "mom I luv yoow." She made a cool bag, a game she spent about an hours and a half on over 3 separate sessions, and the coolest was a boat (pictured). I thought it was the coolest thing. According to Emily, it is a boat with a town on it. (I think she's thinking of a cruise ship). The yellow building is on fire. (This may have come from the Ariel book). Then my favorite: she said the first guy pictured is the worker and he's standing and the second one pictured is sitting because he's not a worker. I seriously wish I had been encouraged to show my creative side as a child. Her stuff amazes me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does make some neat things.

Anonymous said...

Uh, hello, we were encouraged to show our creative sides as kids. We always had arts and crafts stuff, plus lincoln logs, legos, etc. You and Billie Jo just chose to spend your time playing with dolls instead of creating things.

Michelle said...

I meant in school you dork. In school, we always had to make stupid cookie cutter art that had to look just like the teacher's and every other child's. There was no room for creativity in this. (can you tell it's a pet peeve of mine)

And the only reason I played with dollies so much is because I was socialized in society to think that little girlies were supposed to be grow up to be little mommies. Come on, I got a new cabbage patch doll for every birthday and christmas :) At least mom never got us into the stupid Barbie dolls, and I don't rememebr being into the stupid princess movies either.

I would never say anything bad about anything mom did in our childhood..she was a fantastic mother (uh oh, my nose just got a bit brown..haha)