Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's official

Today I had my orientation to sign all the paperwork for the school district. I am now an official employee of the Washoe County School District. My first real job..haha! Today was also my first day spending time at one of the centers. I have been there once or twice a week, but have only been learning the system and the paperwork part of the job. Today I got to just hang out with the teachers and the children. I also got to attend a work study group that the teen moms are required to go to. I was introduced to all of them, and they all seemed to be very welcoming. We fed them pizza and asked them if they had any parenting issues they wanted to talk about. It was really cool because after Jill told them that I was about to graduate with my Master's in Child Development and I have 2 kids of my own, they were amazed and kept asking me all these questions about their children's development and parenting. What a perfect fit for me! I am excited to officially start Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cool, congrats.